Almond-&-Lemon-Crusted Fish with Spinach
Cook Time: 25 minutes
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon, divided
- ½ Cup sliced almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1 Tbsp finely chopped fresh dill [or 1 tsp dried dill]
- 1 Tbsp plus 2 tsps extra-virgin olive oil, divided
- 1 tsp kosher salt, divided
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
- 1¼ pounds cod or halibut, cut into 4 portions
- 4 tsps Dijon mustard
- 2 cloves garlic, slivered
- 1 pound baby spinach
- Lemon wedges for garnish
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Combine in a bowl:
- lemon zest
- 1 Tbsp oil
- ½ tsp salt and pepper.
- Place fish on the baking sheet and spread each portion with 1 teaspoon mustard.
- Divide the almond mixture among the portions, pressing it onto the mustard.
- Bake the fish until opaque in the center, about 7 to 9 minutes, depending on thickness.
Heat the remaining 2 teaspoons oil in a Dutch oven over medium heat.
Add garlic and cook about 30 seconds, stirring, until fragrant but not brown.
Stir in spinach, lemon juice and the remaining ½ teaspoon salt; season with pepper.
Cook 2 to 4 minutes, stirring often, until the spinach is just wilted. Cover to keep warm.
Serve the fish with the spinach and lemon wedges, if desired.